Monday, July 25, 2011

More Pictures!

Anthony finally got his learner's permit today! Patrick took him to the DPS office this afternoon. He texted me that while there they heard someone say that this office is the second busiest in the state of Texas. Great! That meant that the line was super long and even went out the door. They were gone for about three hours and most of it was spent waiting.

It really only took Anthony 12-15 minutes to take the test. Patrick said that he could see that Anthony was rushing through it, so it was lucky that he passed (21 of 27 questions correct). He would have failed the test if he had missed one more question. We teased him about being a slacker. *WINK* Next he has to actually get behind the wheel of a car. *GASP*

This week, believe it or not, I plan on taking more pictures than usual. I'm participating in something called "Week In The Life", a concept started by Ali Edwards to document one week of your life once a year. I'll be taking pictures of a lot of things I might not usually take pictures of. I'll try to share my favorites each day and hopefully I'll be putting together scrapbook pages next week.

This one is my favorite (besides the one of Anthony above that Patrick took at the DPS office) because it shows Eric's feet sticking out of one of our play tents. He and Natalie had climbed into the their "fort" to watch shows on the iPad. It's not a great photo because it was so dark in the game room that the lens couldn't focus. I even tried manual focus but I must have been doing that incorrectly because it was still trying to auto-focus. Even with the poor focus, I can see how cute Eric's feet are, especially sticking out like that.

My sister Cynthia is planning to visit tomorrow, so I'm sure the next couple of days will document the extra occupants of our house.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Ah, those milestones. You'll have to learn the mother-in-the-passenger-seat pose.
--One hand on the dashboard.
--One hand on the armrest.
--Right foot constantly pressing the imaginary brake pedal on your side of the car. ;)