My dear sister Melissa came for a short visit this weekend. She arrived late Friday and left this morning (Sunday). Yesterday morning she went to a Cardio Kickboxing class with me at our gym. In the afternoon she played with the kiddos while I napped and Patrick took his turn to exercise at the gym. We went to church then out to dinner at Patrick's favorite restaurant El Mirasol (her choice). I know it sounds boring, but she got to spend time with us. She loved it and the kids loved it. When she was leaving this morning, I told Eric to give her a hug and kiss goodbye and of course he asked, "Why is she leaving?" He thinks that our families should always be together. I couldn't agree more, and I wish that could be the case.
Today we planned on going to Fiesta Texas for a short visit. We still needed to get Alex's season pass card. We had a lazy start since both boys stayed up late watching "True Grit" (the recent version) from Netflix with us last night. Eric wanted to ride on the "big" train and the "little" train. Natalie wanted to go on the log ride (White Water Rapids). Alex really didn't care to ride on anything.Anthony has had a busy weekend socially. On Friday he met a couple of friends at our gym pool. The rest of the family went also but we stayed out of his way so we wouldn't cramp his style. His good friend A.O. came home with us to spend the night. He's been such a good friend of Anthony's for so long that the kids think of him as another brother. Natalie and Eric greeted him at the pool as if he were part of the family, rushing up to him to give him a hug. Eric told us later that we had "four brothers" in the house. Too cute.
On Saturday, A.O.'s mom picked him up and then I dropped off Anthony at Fiesta Texas to spend the day with a couple of different friends. He spent the whole day there until Patrick picked him up on his way home from the gym. Today (Sunday), he made plans to see the new Harry Potter movie ("Deathly Hallows Part 2") with a couple of friends. Because he was seeing a movie, we decided to see movies too.
We weren't going to take Eric to the same movies as the other two, so we settled on "X-Men: First Class" for Natalie, Alex, and I while Patrick and Eric saw "Cars 2". No wonder we almost never go to movies at the theatre. The total bill between the movie tickets and the food and drinks was over $70 for the five of us! Still, everyone seemed to have a great time.
After the movie, Natalie and I had a little "girl" time. I've rambled enough in this post, so I'll try to post about that tomorrow. We're starting to ramp up the activities again with Anthony and Alex involved in soccer this week, among other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment