Lots of new things this week! This is the gorgeous purse I just bought today. I saw it when I was at the mall with the three youngest. Natalie loved it since her favorite color is red also. I hesitated because of the price. Of course my dear sister Melissa, lover of expensive purses, only encouraged me, saying that I wouldn't hesitate as much if I was buying scrapbooking supplies. Actually I would hesitate even with scrapbooking supplies, if nothing else because I like to discuss purchases over about $100 with Patrick. He was swimming at the gym so he didn't return my text. When we got home, he encouraged me to go back to the mall to get it. It was the last one! Isn't he the best husband in the world? :)
We were at the mall redeeming our Gymbucks at Gymboree. They have a new Panda line and Natalie is a lover of pandas. We got her a couple of shirts, a ponytail holder and bracelet (she wore the latter two right away). She also informed me while we were browsing at Build A Bear Workshop that she wants a panda pillow pet and two of the new "Small Fry" stuffed animals there--the penguin and the dragon. I texted my sisters with the gift ideas for her upcoming birthday. :)
Speaking of "new things", Anthony made Mac & Cheese for the kiddos yesterday afternoon. Yes, he even boiled the water. Tonight he washed his own shirts for PE Camp. Patrick and I were going out for a quick happy hour and we figured that it was about time that Anthony learned how to cook simple things that are the staples of a college student's diet. After all, he will be a junior in high school this year. Scary, I know!
This is just a picture of Eric posing while eating the Mac & Cheese. He was following Natalie's lead by posing with his mouth open to show that he was eating. At least this picture doesn't show a bunch of food in his mouth like some previous pictures of Natalie have shown.
Today, Patrick took the kiddos to The Institute of Texan Cultures here in town. It was something "different" and "new" for them to do. We've been there before, but it's been quite a while. Patrick likes to go out and do stuff with the kids at least once a week.
This picture is just hilarious, because Natalie apparently was posing in front of this display. It looks like she's trying to compare herself to the figure in the display. Apparently Eric was being silly and did the same thing. Sometimes he still likes to follow what big sister does! There were some other pictures of the kids participating in various activities, like listening to a talk about weaving in a loom, and looking inside a cannon. There was also a cool activity involving geometric shapes and dipping them into a bubble solution to create interesting bubble formations inside the shapes.
One more new thing that I want to mention. The new residents started this past Monday. July's are always so stressful. They're still pretty new and hopefully they'll shape up to be good residents. This program turns out some pretty talented anesthesiologists.
Tomorrow is another "drive Anthony around all over town" sort of day. We can't wait until that boy gets his driver's license.



No comments:
Post a Comment