We had a pretty lazy morning today. I didn't get to bed until midnight last night, so I stayed in bed this morning until about 8:30-9. The little ones were up pretty early, and we could hear them arguing about what to watch. I had bought Cinnabons yesterday when I picked up Schlotzkey's for dinner, so we had those for breakfast. I had a discussion with Alex about why I use a fork to eat my Cinnabon while he likes to use his fingers. The difference is that he likes to lick all of the icing off his fingers while I like my fingers to stay clean.
The little ones have been watching movies and shows on the iPad a lot, especially in the last day or so. The iPad has about a ten-hour battery life and we've had to charge it nightly. In this picture Eric is mesmerized by a Thomas video while Anthony gives him kisses. Such a sweet photo!
The two of them stayed home while the rest of us went to see Harry Potter in 3D at the movie theatre at 11am. We never used to take Natalie to the movies because she tended to want to leave after five minutes. She was very good today, and she said "Cool!" after just about every movie preview. The 3D feature was a cool gimmick, but the movie was great even if we had watched it without the 3D effect.
After the movie I took the kids to get their haircuts. Cynthia arrived with Nick and Aly right about the time the haircuts finished. I took this picture of her with Eric in our messy game room. They were chatting about something and they both seemed to be enjoying each other so much that I had to document it.
Since all of us had a late lunch, no one was hungry until around 7pm--then they were ravenous. The big boys especially, were busy with electronics and didn't hear Patrick say he was making a pizza. Of course when they smelled the aroma, they ran right into the kitchen. Since no one had responded when he asked, Patrick had only made one pizza--the boys had to make their own. As the next pizza was cooking in the oven, they fought over the last piece of pizza that was left after Patrick, Eric, and I finished our dinners. It was a thick crust DiGiorno pizza, so Anthony tried to use logic. The second pizza was Alex's favorite--HEB Extra Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza. Anthony said that if Alex allowed him to eat the DiGiorno pizza, Anthony would not eat the HEB pizza and Alex could have more pieces to eat. Alex didn't care--he was hungry! He couldn't wait even though there was only one minute left on the oven timer. He snagged that pizza from Anthony and ate it like we never feed him!
I took many, many more pictures today for the Week In The Life project I mentioned yesterday. Even though I take lots and lots of pictures in public, I felt embarrassed about it today. Most people wonder about you when you take pictures at the grocery store or the hair salon. I'm concentrating more on the stories instead of the pictures, but we'll see how that goes tomorrow when I go to work. If I get a handful of good pictures tomorrow, I'll be happy.
Of course, the kids are already tired of me taking pictures of them constantly and even more than I usually do. Eric was hiding under Alex's bed this evening just to get away from my camera. Hang in there Eric, we've got five more days of this!




No comments:
Post a Comment