Saturday, September 03, 2011

Bribery

Anthony met some of his friends at La Cantera Mall this afternoon. After I dropped him off, I did a little shopping on my own. Along the way I discovered a gelato place that one of my co-workers had just told me about, called Paciugo. I love going out to get frozen treats, even when my own freezer is well-stocked with frozen treats, and I usually like to take one of the kids with me. This time I was by myself, but it was just a hot day and that was a good enough excuse to go. I had the Coffee Vanilla flavor. Yum!

As I was enjoying my gelato while sitting outside, I texted Anthony about how I found the gelato place that I had mentioned to him earlier. He asked where it was and before I knew it, he had plopped himself in the chair next to me. I was in the middle of texting him that if his friends let me take a picture of them, I would buy them some gelato.

I'm always bugging Anthony about how he should take more pictures of himself out with his friends. I've always wished that I had more pictures of myself with my high school friends. Besides, that way he can show me faces to match the names of his friends he is always talking about.

Of course they agreed to pose for a picture! They're a good-looking bunch, aren't they? They took a while to decide what flavors to get. The girls ended up sharing one even when I offered to get them their own. Anthony and AO both decided on three flavors each--they got the large cup. At one point, Anthony dropped a dollop of his S'mores gelato on the floor. I exclaimed how that was such a waste and I saw him contemplating the gelato on the floor. Then suddenly, he quickly picked it up off the floor and ate it. He said later that the only part of it that had touched the floor was the melted part that was still on the floor, as if the cell layers were totally separate from each other. Patrick said later that picking it up off the floor was how you build up immunity. Can you tell that my whole family loves their frozen treats so much that they make excuses not to waste it? I would have done the same thing.

I got my picture and they got some gelato. You can call it bribery, but it works.

No comments: