Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cooking and Cross Country

Natalie had been Lola's little helper. Yesterday she helped make some chicken empanadas. She rolled out the dough, filled it, then crimped the edges with a fork. Lola mixed up the filling mixture and did the baking, of course. These little meat pies are Patrick's favorite, so Natalie said she was making them for him. :) He kidded with Natalie that Lola was teaching her to cook so she could start cooking for all of us.

This morning, I had to take Anthony to school at 5:45am so he could take the bus to his track meet. When I got home I went back to bed. While I was sleeping, Lola and the little ones made breakfast. She was impressed that Eric wanted to help too. All the kids (and adults) love these filled crescent rolls. They're so easy to make too. Patrick took this picture for me. Yes, he can be trained. ;) There was only one left by the time I got up. Apparently Eric ate five of them. Lola thought for sure he would have a stomachache but he didn't.

Anthony was running with the Varsity today. That meant his race was supposed to start at 9:35am. Patrick and I heard different conflicting locations for the meet. We were told UTSA and the website that lists all of Anthony's track meets says UTSA. The only map of the campus is from 2009 and there's been quite a bit of construction since then. When we went to the campus we drove around for quite a bit before we finally found someone that told us that the meet was in a completely different location. There were SO many cars and people and there wasn't a lot of parking. By the time we got there, the race had already started.

I felt like I had to walk a mile just to see Anthony cross the finish line. We were rushing just to be able to do that. We got to the finish line a few seconds before he crossed it. The course was supposedly around 5K this time, or around 3.1 miles. He finished in around 20 minutes. We're so proud!

No comments: