Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hand-Me-Downs

Recently, Patrick took some of Alex's old clothes from storage (deep in the recesses of our bedroom closet). We gave some of his toddler clothes away, thinking we wouldn't need them anymore. We still have a few size 4 and up clothes that Eric can now fit into. Eric wore the same shirt today as Alex wore in these pictures, so I asked Eric if I could take a picture of him. I also showed Eric this page. He noticed that Alex was sitting "criss-cross applesauce" which is what they call what we used to call "sitting Indian-style". Of course he wanted to sit the same way. He also noticed that in the other picture, Alex's legs were in the shape of a number "4". He didn't want to sit like that. Who knows why?

I couldn't get him to smile more naturally, but I was still happy to get a photo. One of these days I'll do a scrapbook page with Eric wearing outfits that Alex and maybe even Anthony wore. Notice also that Alex was three years old when he wore this same outfit, but Eric is four years old. They're most definitely built differently, but both are adorable.

Tonight I'm packing to go visit my grandmother in New Jersey tomorrow. My Mom and sisters will be going too. I know Patrick can handle everything, but I still feel a little guilty for leaving him alone with all of the kid activities. Alex has an after school party tomorrow, so he has to cart the little ones around with him while he picks up Anthony then Alex then drops Anthony off at a football game then he has to leave them at home with Alex when he picks up Anthony again, etc.

I'll try to provide a few updates this weekend, but chances are that I won't post any photos until Sunday or Monday.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Have fun and DO NOT feel guilty. Just remember, you'd feel guiltier if you didn't go.