Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kid Updates

I should do an update on the kids' activities every so often. I write a lot about what Eric does, but sometimes I don't spend any time talking about the other kiddos. I haven't taken many pictures or posted a lot lately because I've actually been doing some scrapbooking. I'll try to share those pages on a future post.

Anthony's cross country meet yesterday was cancelled. He missed his last class to travel with the team, then when they got there, the coach decided that there were too many holes on the race course. I was at work on call, but I was glad to hear that the coach is making sure his team doesn't get injured from an unsafe course. The good part is that at least Anthony had more time to do the mountains of homework he's had lately, because he got home earlier. He is now apparently on the Varsity team. The bad part is that because he's on the Varsity team, he had to be at school this morning by 6am (instead of the usual 6:45am) because the Varsity team was taking a bus to a nearby park to run there instead of around the school. His next meet is this Saturday.

Alex has been trying to decide what afterschool clubs to sign up for. He showed me the list of available activities, but when I asked him what he was interested in, the only answer I got was that he was interested in a few but that he wanted to talk to his friends so they could sign up for the same activity together. Alex is still all about the social aspect of his extracurricular activities. Because of this and because he hasn't really clicked with his club soccer teammates, he has talked about quitting club soccer. He says that he doesn't have much time to socialize with his friends between the mountains of homework he's had lately and his soccer practices and games. Patrick and I don't know what to do with him.

Natalie was over the moon when she found out yesterday that she is back in the GT program (Gifted and Talented Program) this year. She was very upset last year when she didn't get in, mostly because she loves the GT teacher SO much. Mrs. A is a pretty cool lady and this year Natalie is going to get to spend one whole day a week with her. GT starts next week.

Tonight was Natalie's swim team class at the gym. I was watching at her swimming the backstroke so effortlessly and I felt compelled to text Patrick that I was a little biased and that I didn't know that much about swimming but that I thought she looked really good. He texted back that was biased too but he thought she was an excellent swimmer. I showed her the texts after practice and she just smiled and said she agreed.

I guess I'm going to write three paragraphs on Natalie tonight. Recently she's become very obsessed with the Harry Potter books and movies. She even played with a school friend who loves Harry Potter. Now Natalie wants some of the Harry Potter Lego sets just like her friend. On Tuesday during our car trip to swimming class, she was reading the seventh and final book. She said that she was close to where the first Deathly Hallows movie had ended. I asked her, "Then are you going to talk to me?" I asked her that because she was concentrating so hard on that book. She replied, "Yes, then I'll say 'hi'." She is going to be so excited when we see Harry Potter World in Florida as part of our Disney trip.

Eric has been enjoying/manipulating his grandparents. He was supposed to be cleaning up his cars and my Dad was there in the gameroom with him. Eric looked at his Lolo and said, "Lolo, you're not helping." He also threw a fit yesterday when Lola wouldn't make jello for him. He finally settled for some chocolate pudding that was ready made. Of course Lola made some jello for him today. It's not all bad, he did tell Lolo that he was ready to play with him and took Lolo's hand to go upstairs.

We learned today that Eric's class will be performing a play tomorrow afternoon. They are "performing" the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and apparently, Eric plays the mouse. When the other kids heard that they all wanted to go. Unfortunately the play is at 3:30pm so Alex, Anthony, and I won't be able to be there, so Patrick is planning to videotape the event for us. I'm sure he'll be adorable.

No comments: