The Toy Story Mania ride is definitely everyone's favorite. Melissa and Emily really only wanted to go on that one ride. Everyone in my family also named that ride specifically as the one they didn't want to miss. We also get a little competitive. After we finished the ride, we met outside and compared scores. Anthony "won" with his score of 185,900. Alex and I both got around 131,000 while Patrick got around 128,000. Natalie got 68,000, I think. I have to give Patrick a few points because he rode with Eric and every so often he had to help him direct his shooter. Eric got 20,000. Alex was pretty happy to beat his Papa's score. I was surprised because he is much better at these shooting games than I am. Anthony and Patrick usually both do pretty well.
Our next stop was the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at 11:30am. We thought that Eric especially would enjoy all the explosions. There's even an exploding airplane in that one. Next we had lunch and then we separated. We thought Eric (and the boys) would enjoy the Lights, Motors, and Action Extreme Stunt Show (at 1:20pm) because of all of the cars AND the explosions. We also got fast passes for Star Tours for later (at 3:50pm). Melissa and the girls decided to head to The American Idol Experience instead. That's a relatively new attraction where the audience watches some auditions, just like on the TV show, and vote for their favorite. Apparently the favorite for the day gets to be at the front of the line for the actual American Idol auditions.
We had to kill some time after the show and before our Star Tours fast passes. We saw a line where you could get your photo taken with Lightning McQueen, so of course we got in that line. Anthony was with us and really helped entertain his brother to make the wait shorter. Patrick and Alex ran off to explore and to have a snack. Several times during this trip Eric has refused to have his picture taken. That wasn't the case this time.
I took this second picture while we were waiting for our Star Tours show to start. Eric was being a little goofy. It was a 4-D experience complete with 3-D glasses and the feeling like you were in an actual space shuttle. Patrick and the boys enjoyed the show because it was a different story from the last time we were here.
After dinner we went to the Lego Imagination Center. Eric and Natalie were there building their Lego creations for quite a while. I loved watching the concentration on Eric's face. I could tell he was enjoying himself because he didn't want to leave. The only thing that convinced him to leave was the rest of us going off to Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop for dessert. There we had the most decadent desserts. Alex had the "Domingo" or basically a sundae. Anthony had the Warm Brownie Sundae. No dieting during vacation, that's for sure! We all headed home after dessert and again we watching fireworks from our room. I'll never get tired of that.
Tomorrow we're heading to Animal Kingdom and we'll also be saying goodbye to Melissa and Emily.
No comments:
Post a Comment