Sunday, December 25, 2011

Last Day

Merry Christmas! I'll post a bit about our Christmas later. For now I'll recap our last day at Disney yesterday. We had a very relaxed morning. We packed first since we had to check out by 11am, so we didn't get to the Magic Kingdom until after 10am.

We wanted to ride on the Buzz Lightyear ride at least one more time. When we got there, the wait was only 30 minutes. Score! We went ahead and got fast passes too so we could ride again. When Anthony got the fast passes for us, they gave us "surprise" fast passes for the Carousel of Progress, so we rode on Buzz Lightyear, then the Carousel of Progress, then Buzz Lightyear one last time.

The first time, Anthony got the highest score pretty easily with almost 300,000. The second time, there were several delays in the ride but there was also some sort of malfunction in Anthony and Natalie's car. After just the first section, Anthony had already gotten close to 300,000 and soon after, Natalie maxed out at 999.999! They were both amazed and I think Natalie was a little excited.

After that we didn't try to do any other rides. Anthony and Alex would have wanted to ride Space Mountain, but the wait time was a couple of hours, which they didn't think was worth it. Instead we had lunch and then walked around for a bit. We came upon these stocks. Patrick and Anthony both wanted pictures. I would have wanted the others to take a turn too, but they weren't interested and there were a lot of people vying for a chance to take pictures too.

We used the monorail to get back to the hotel. They had a gigantic wreath on the side of the Contemporary Resort and I didn't get a chance to take a picture the last time we were traveling this way. I got my picture this time. I tried to take pictures of a lot of the Christmas decorations at Disney during this trip, but it wasn't the same as actually being there. Next time I think I would want to go during a less busy time of year, but it was really cool to be there during the holidays this time around.

We had an uneventful trip back home. We got home, began unpacking, and Patrick started doing laundry. Back to the usual routine...

No comments: