Yesterday, Anthony had his last day of Model U.N. He wasn't going to be finished until around 7:30pm. He also had a class in school where the assignment was to put together a fundraiser to raise money for the local food bank. Their fundraiser was last night from 5:30-8pm at his school. They were going to sell food and they had activities like a bouncy house and games planned. It's the right time of year to hold a function like this. Unfortunately, it rained all day and they couldn't hold a lot of the outside activities. We figured that they wouldn't have a good turnout because of the weather, so we made an effort to go.
We had hotdog, chips, and soda for dinner there. Alex stayed home, as usual. There were really only two games, bowling and a cake walk. There was a DJ that played music, and there were a few families there. The bulk of the attendants were the students in the class who were putting on this fundraiser. Natalie and Eric did the bowling a couple of times, but they had the most fun when they were chasing each other. In fact, when it was time to leave, Eric didn't want to leave because he was busy chasing Natalie and he wanted to be chased back. I indulged him a little until I realized that if I kept running after him, he would get tired but then so would I. We left soon after that.
Anthony wasn't there during our visit. Patrick wanted to take us home so that he would have time to hang out at home before going back to get Anthony. After Model U.N., Anthony wanted to go to the fundraiser to help clean up. It was a worthwhile effort, but it was nice when he finally got home. I think we all missed him the last few days because of the long days he's been putting in for Model U.M.

No comments:
Post a Comment