Each day this month I'll either post pages from my December Daily album (an idea from Ali Edwards) or just the pictures themselves, at least until our Disney vacation. I would love to post pics then too, but I don't think it'll happen. I'd rather enjoy the vacation. :)
This year I'm taking Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas (JYC) class. She provides prompts, downloads, photo tips, etc. This first picture shows my pages closed. The "Christmas Manifesto" is a download from JYC. I can't seem to decide which album to use for this, so I'm waiting to punch holes in my pages until I decide which album. Sorry for the bad photos, but it was too late to get any decent light. My theme for Day 1 was "Christmas Spirit".
This shows the first page opened up. The photo on back of the page is my Lego calendar at work. I took a picture of it so I could show Patrick how my number "31" is missing. Luckily, my office mate helped my find it today. One of the blank white Lego bricks at the top was turned sideways.
The right side is a transparency page with another download from the JYC class. Last year, I regretted not doing transparency pages in between the day pages. I really like that look, so I bought a few this year to use. I'm trying to stretch those supplies by only using partial pages.
This shows the transparency page flipped over. The picture behind it is a picture of our elf Red relaxing on Natalie's Groovy Girl bed with a Christmas book. This still did not seem to amuse Eric. He still asked me to remove Red because he didn't want to be watched.
The right hand side shows the Caramel Brulee Latte that I got from Starbucks yesterday. I stopped by on the way to work and I figured that getting one of their "holiday drinks" would put me in the Christmas spirit, or at least that was my excuse. :)
I'm going to use daily printouts using Ali Edwards' digital overlays from Designer Digitals just like last year. The overlays make my book look more finished without a lot of extra work. I decided to cram a bunch of photos on the back side of the above page in a landscape instead of portrait orientation because this enabled me to get this page done quickly. Natalie wanted the new Lego City Calendar for this year. Eric picked his Playmobil advent calendar out before the Lego City Calendar was available at our local Toy Zone toy store, so when he saw the Lego City Calendar, he wanted that one instead. Luckily, he didn't mind sticking with his original choice.
The older boys weren't interested in advent calendars, so I didn't bother getting them any. They didn't even eat up the candy in their advent calendars a couple of years ago, so I didn't buy them the edible advent calendars either. Advent calendars definitely help with getting some Christmas spirit. Traditionally, they build up anticipation as the child counts down to Christmas. This is not the case with Eric. After he opened up the door #1 yesterday, he wanted to open up all the doors. I explained to him that he could use this as a way to know when it was finally Christmas. He didn't sound convinced, but he refrained from opening up more doors for now.




No comments:
Post a Comment