I'm trying to do another quick post tonight. I haven't been sleeping well. DH and I think we are more worried about how DS#2 does at his soccer tryouts than we both originally wanted to admit to ourselves. DH didn't think he played nearly as well tonight as he did yesterday. We're both a little disappointed at that, but DS#2 said that he again "had a blast", so we should be happy with that, right? I guess we feel that he plays better when he plays with a better team, so he will be more adequately challenged by a higher level team. I just hope that he likes his fellow teammates when he finds out who they are...
DS#1 was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society tonight. I had always imagined that when this happened, DH and I would both be proudly looking on in the audience. Instead, DH was at soccer tryouts with DS#2. I had the two youngest ones with me. Before the ceremony, I let them run around the empty chairs that the inductees were going to be sitting in. I wanted them to run off some of their energy before the ceremony started. The lady behind me remarked at what beautiful smiles they both had. The lady across the aisle from me agreed and said that DS#3 had the cutest dimples. I had to agree, of course.
Thankfully, it was a fairly short ceremony. DD kept busy playing with my IPhone and DS#3 started eating some goldfish. I took a few photos of DS#1 walking across the stage to receive his certificate, but I'll take a picture of him with the certificate when he gets the actual certificate. Apparently, the "real" certificates didn't arrive on time, so they substituted paper copies. I got to see the girl that is always sending text messages to DS#3. She's the Vice President of their chapter of the National Junior Honor Society, so she was on stage as part of the ceremony. He seems to have good taste. :)
1 comment:
We did NHS induction the other day for high school...fun stuff!
Post a Comment