Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, the Disappointment!

Well, the results are in. DS#2 was chosen for a Division 2 soccer team, the fourth team out of four. All of the boys that he played with this past year were all chosen for teams above his. He was crushed! I saw him only after DH told him and after DH had talked to him for a good long while. His face was very sad, his eyes were red, and there were still some tears there. DH took him out to eat so he could have a milkshake and they could talk some more. He then took him to get some of these Star Wars cards/building sets that he likes. By the time I saw him again, he was more accepting and feeling better about it. He said that before each game next year, I should remind him about working hard to get up to a "Super 2" team. I think he and his parents will do just fine. :)

I want to post a couple of pictures I took earlier this week. DS#3 always wants to go outside, but it's been so sweltering outside, so DH set this play tent out in the living room for him to play in. He rather likes to "hide" in there, and here he's mad that his Mama opened it up so she could get a picture of him and his sister playing in there. DD is quite the poser, don't you think?

I got a brand new lens for my camera. I'm still getting used to it, but I plan on reading more about how to take better pictures and how to take advantage of the bells and whistles on my camera. Here I'm just using the auto mode on the camera because DS#3 moves way too fast. He was getting on the arm of the sofa and jumping off onto the wood floor. I was too nervous to take a picture of him jumping (I had to watch him then to make sure he didn't hurt himself), so I took a "before" picture instead. Yesterday I caught him sliding from the other arm of the sofa into the LaZBoy chair next to it. I guess the living room is now his playscape!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! I know the disappointment is rough, but there should be movement among the teams, right? Hopefully he'll find his confidence in the next season's games and be able to show the coaches - and himself - what a dedicated player he is!
And what can I say about the little one - better watch him! He's small, but quick (and apparently a good jumper. ;) )
Love,
C

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry DS is disappointed about the soccer team. Hard to watch those things happen with our kidlets. I was really disappointed Preemie Boy didn't medal at the voice competition....I thought he sang so well. Very cute photos of little guy, though. :)

Lynne said...

I know how hard that is! That happened to Remi this year in baseball. He was the only one of "his" group to make the lower team. But you know what? It has been really positive. He has taken on a real leadership role and has gained confidence that he would not have gotten in the upper league. So, I guess, somehow it works out - even though it about kills you as a parent to see those sad faces!