Monday, June 08, 2009

The Evil Closet of Doooom!

I'm going to post about the same thing that DH posted about on his blog today, because I just have to use one of the pictures he took as my picture of the day for today. The day didn't start well for DH. He called me during our morning conference at work to vent about how DS#3 demanded to watch Thomas this morning. DH was slow to figure out that that's what he wanted and DS#3 threw a HUGE fit. We have some old VHS tapes from when DS#1 was this age, but we don't have a VCR hooked up to a TV. I guess DH forgot that we can get instant downloads of Thomas from Netflix.

Today was the day that our Elfa organizers that we ordered from The Container Store were coming in. The next phone call was this afternoon when DH told me that he was drilling evenly spaced holes in the wall in our closet when he hit a pipe. ACK! The water came in at a high pressure and DS#1 had to put his hand on the hole while DH went to turn off the water. Remember that leak in the kids' bathroom in January? Ugh! That was a two week ordeal getting it all fixed, including redoing the tile in the kids' bathroom!

This is what I saw when I got home, well, maybe minus the towels on the floor. I came home a little early so I could take DD to piano lessons and DH could stay home to wait for the plumber. We didn't take a picture of what's inside the trash can, but there's at least a gallon or two of water in there--from the ceiling. Fortunately, when the plumber is done we can turn the water back on, but unfortunately, we'll have to get the other people in here to fix the sheetrock again.

I don't know if you can really tell from this picture, but half of DS#1's clothes look darker than the other. That is the wet half. He was standing to one side with his hand on the hole with the spraying water. Poor guy didn't want to go to swim team practice tonight. Besides the three hours of soccer camp this morning that all of the "big" kids went to, he was tired from his "swim" earlier in our master bedroom closet. Because the plumber is currently here, because DS#3 is currently in a very deep sleep, and because DH had to leave for his soccer team manager's meeting tonight, I had to drop DD and DS#1 off at the pool and they are going to walk home. It did warm my heart to see DD walking away to the pool with her big brother looking after her.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The title "The Evil Closet of Doooom!" was coined by DS#1 when referring to the master bedroom closet. This evening he modified that a little and said it was "The Evil Closet of Doooom on the Dark Side". Do you think the kid had been influenced just a little by his father's Dungeons and Dragons books?

3 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

oh noooooo! Hope it all gets cleared up soon. And then you can actually hang stuff in that evil closet?

The Mom said...

OK I can't help but laugh because of the title!! I hope that you got it all fixed and cleaned up!!

Catherine said...

Oh, man! I hope the repair work goes quickly and easily and that you can get the Evil Closet of Doom put back together!