Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Since today is our 17th wedding anniversary, DH decided that he wouldn't make me make breakfast, so we went to IHOP. I managed to get this picture while we were there. DH is such a wonderful husband and father, and this is just one snippet of time when he and the boys are all happy and getting along. Of course, DS#3 is about to get upset because he wants to roam free...

Partly because tomorrow is Father's Day, I took the kids out this morning so DH could have some time to himself. Yes, since he is a "stay-at-home Dad", he doesn't necessarily want to spend Father's Day with the kids. Sometimes he just needs a break. Anyway, we started with a trip to the library because DS#1 keeps powering through his books. I just asked him and he thinks he has read maybe 15-20 library books in the the 16 days he's been out of school!

Remember that bird hat that DS#2 bought yesterday that he let me take a picture of? Well, DS#3 was really into wearing that hat today. He insisted on wearing it in the car on the way to the library. At the library he took it off for a bit, but when we went to Barnes and Noble, he wore it the whole time! Here he is making DS#1 go up the escalator. Later on, DS#3 and I went up and down the escalator a few times while waiting for DS#2 to make a decision about what to get.

Tonight, DH and I went out for our anniversary dinner. It's so cool that we can just get DS#1 to babysit now and we can just go have dinner somewhere. Anyway, we went to The Lodge Restaurant and did the eight course Chef's Jason Dady's Signature Tasting Menu, just like last year. I don't know if they've changed the portions (some of the courses were also a little different), the pace that they bring out the courses, or my stomach has gotten bigger, but I was able to pretty much finish all the courses this time. I remember barely being able to taste the dessert course last year because I was so stuffed. It was just as delicious as it was last year. In all, it was a very fitting end to today and a very nice celebration of our anniversary. :)

1 comment:

The Mom said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! :)