Friday, June 12, 2009

Soccer Camp

All week the kids have had soccer camp for three hours a day. They all wanted to do it, despite the hot weather, even DD. Now she says she wants to play soccer in the fall. Luckily, the "micros" have practice AND play "games" only once a week (Fridays), and she says she doesn't want to do dance and gymnastics anymore. I think it's great because she'll still get exercise and she'll meet new friends.

DH took a few pictures today. In this first picture, DD's coach was playing a game with them where he would ask them a question. If they only answered "yes" or "no" or repeated the answer to a previous question, he would pour a little water on their heads. If that were me, I would probably answer incorrectly just so I could cool off with water on my head, but then again, they're 6-7 years old.

They also played a game where they would hit a water balloon with their heads. This is one way to train them to not be afraid to hit the soccer ball with their heads. Actually, on DS#2's team this past season, they were all "heading" the ball, so much so that the parents laughed about how all of them liked hitting that ball with their heads for some reason.

I love this picture of DS#3. He often walks around with his hands in back and I can just tell that he's doing that here. My mom says this reminds her of my paternal grandfather and how he used to always walk around with his hands in back, too.

DH and I had a "date night" tonight. I'm laughing at the term because we left the house around 4:30PM and got back by around 6PM. We basically just went somewhere to eat then went home to enjoy a movie with the kids. Really exciting, I know, but we get a little desperate for time when we can actually talk to each other instead of emailing or texting and without kid interruptions.

Tomorrow we're going to have lots of time with the kids. We have a swim meet all morning followed by naps then church. Yup, lots of time with the kids.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

All those summer fun activities!!