Monday, June 22, 2009

Last Swim Meet

Boy am I glad that tonight was the last swim meet of the season! I had to work late, so I missed three of the kids' races, but I did catch the last two. This is a cool photo that DH took of one of the races I missed. DD is the one in the middle. They actually had diving blocks at this pool. She forgot her swim cap (again). She actually tied for first place in the Girls 6 and under 25m Freestyle this time. She was all chatty about wanting that first place ribbon, even though hers wasn't the fastest heat. I'm happy that she hasn't broken her "streak".

Here she is before the Girls 6 and under 25m Backstroke. I would really love this picture if it weren't for those people behind her. She's putting her goggles on, but I think she looks like she's meditating before her race. She won this one too. Right after this race (her last one) she took her blue ribbon and ran off to play on the playground equipment. She's still a little girl, after all, who was ready to relax and play like a little girl after her competition.

1 comment: