Saturday, June 13, 2009

Swim Meet vs. IH

We had our third swim meet of the season today (DS#1's third and DD's second since she missed the one last week). I thought I would start out with this photo of my oldest looking very pensive right before his event. I'm just amazed at how grown up he looks here (you can click on the picture to see it a little bigger).

Here he is standing next to DH (who is timing the race before DS#1's race). He's pretty tall for almost 14, but I hope he gets just a little taller. DH and I were talking about the fact that even if someone is of "average" height, which I'm told is about 5'10" now for men, they're still considered "short". For that reason, we're hoping our sons get to be closer to about 6' tall. We'll probably get our wish with the first two, but I'm not so sure about DS#3.

DH volunteered to be a timer for the swim meet today. He was only supposed to be "working" for half the meet, but I guess they were a little short on volunteers, so he ended up timing for the whole meet. That meant that he was tired from standing for three hours, and I was tired of trying to entertain the two-year-old for three hours. Luckily for me, DS#2 was a huge help because he took DS#3 to the playscape for most of the meet so he could play to his heart's content.

This is my picture for today. I know that two weeks ago, my photos of the day were of DD at her first swim meet and her Spring piano recital, but I had to choose another photo of DD at her second swim meet because she just looks so excited here, doesn't she? I caught this right before her race. She got two first place ribbons again today for her heats in the individual 25m freestyle and backstroke. Again, she was way ahead of the pack when she finished. Again, she was proudly showing off her ribbons to anyone and everyone that she could show them off too.

Tomorrow I get to be on call for 24 hours at the hospital. Oh Joy! Hopefully I'll be able to finish my post for tomorrow ahead of time so there will be something new here tomorrow. Wish me luck with my call!

No comments: