Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My Sweet (Smelling) Girl

A couple of years ago after I had my second miscarriage, I remember my mother-in-law giving me some scented bath gel and lotion. I'd never been one to use such things, but when I used them, I felt good about myself--just the boost that I needed. I realized that I didn't have to use the same bath soap as DH anymore and I started using my own soap.

Now I visit Bath & Body Works about twice a year during their semi-annual sale. I'm not partial to any particular scent, so I buy whatever is cheap and on sale. I do prefer the "fruity" scents rather than the flowery ones. I don't wear perfume anymore because it any strong scent has started bothering my nose, but B&BW products have just enough scent but not too much. During their last sale I decided that I would start getting my own hand soap, too.

Their sale only lasts until this weekend, and I figured that I had better go during the week because I'm working this coming weekend. When I was heading home, I sent a text message to DH asking if DD wanted to go shopping. Of course she said "Yes!" followed by "Can we go to Bath & Body Works?" This girl LOVES B&BW!

I also suggested that I could bathe her with different soap than I use for DS#3, who I tend to bathe at the same time. She was all over that idea. She wanted some lotion, too. She also asked for some hand sanitizer and she was just so enthusiastic and happy that I agreed. As you can see by the picture, she wanted her own bag, but she willingly carried mine, too. :)

After I gave her a bath this evening (I only bathed her by herself tonight), I told her that I would put the B&BW lotion only on her back/shoulders/arms. She gets this recurring eczema type rash on the backs of her legs, so I told her I would use the "regular" lotion on that area. She laughed and said, "Yeah, we don't need to put the (scented) lotion on my bottom because if I 'gas' it'll still stink." That girl is too funny!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

My DD loves B&BW as well....she love brown sugar fig and cucumber melon.
I'm partial to the vanilla scents.

The Mom said...

That is such a cute story!! I love the last part! They got rid of my favorite scents a couple of years ago, it was called fresh basil mint. When I heard they were discontinuing it I bought all of it in the store!!

Anita said...

awwwwwwwww what nice story. She's such a cutie. Wish I could use more scented products.