Friday, October 23, 2009

Poopy Saga

This is DS#3 enjoying "arroz caldo" or rice soup courtesy of his Lola. He has been sitting at the table for about an hour now feeding himself the broth from the soup. He has a napkin tucked into his shirt because he gets quite messy. You see his tongue licking off every last drop of broth from his lips. I took a few pictures of him and he barely noticed that I was there. I love just watching him. :)

Okay, I was about to post about how DH met me at the parking lot of DS#1's high school, and how we ended up taking a side trip to pick up my niece so that my sister would not have to drop her off at my other sister's house where my parents where going to watch her. Instead I ended up having a Poopy Saga. DS#3 finally said he was done eating right after I wrote the above post. I was just over there taking pictures of him but when my mom went to clean him up, she found that almost his entire back was wet with poop. Ugh!

I say "Poopy Saga" because several frustrating things happened:

--His poop, although wet was already dry on part of his back, so I had to practically scrape it off.

--I couldn't lay him down on his back so I had to clean him up standing up.

--Since some of the poop was dry it flaked off onto the bathroom floor. Luckily my mom gave him a bath so I could clean the floor.

--I had to go looking for Lysol so I tried the master bedroom except for that the door was locked because a certain three little girls were in the master closet trying on Taekwondo sparring equipment and they couldn't hear me pounding on the door. I finally found some Lysol under the kitchen sink.

--My sister recently got a new front-loading washing machine, and when I tried to figure out how to use it, I couldn't figure out how to add soap. Luckily again my mom offered to hand wash it. Thanks, Mom!

Soon after this saga I took my shower because I knew I would have to lie down with DS#3 to get him to sleep. It was almost 10pm before we did that. I thought I was going to get up again to finish this post or to make sure DS#2 went to bed (DD was already in bed). I didn't wake up until a little after 6am when DS#3 woke up screaming--but that's another story.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, sounds like a real adventure!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Well, it doesn't help now, but the instructions for the washer are sitting on top of the washer. Thanks for all the trouble cleaning up my house...yeah, the master closet is pretty soundproof, esp. when you have giggly girls in there trying on stuff! ;)

Cynthia Baldwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.