Monday, January 04, 2010

Notes From Today

I've been taking an online class from Cathy Zielske at Big Picture Scrapbooking. She provided the sketch and color combination to use as well as a downloadable journaling block. Without this assignment I would never have thought to put my thoughts down today about DS#3 starting daycare tomorrow. I was sad but I didn't realize exactly why until I wrote this. Here's the journaling:

Dear Eric, your toddler face is all too quickly transitioning to a little boy face. Once, one of my coworkers, after hearing that there was a 5 ½ year gap between you and your sister asked me if you were a surprise. I merely replied that you were the one we waited for. At the time I meant that after two miscarriages, Papa and I were so happy that you finally came along. Later, however, Papa and I realized that your presence finally made our family feel complete.
Except for a couple of months when you were less than a year old, you’ve been at home with Papa all of your life. Papa did a great job of teaching you your numbers and colors and how to be a good boy.
Now on the eve of your going to daycare two days a week, I’m feeling sad. I know that Papa is the one that will miss your company during the day when I’m at work, but at least with you at home, Papa could tell me everything that you did, and he might have even taken a few pictures. At “school” someone else will be keeping tabs on what you’re doing. I won’t get the same stories or pictures. Still, I know it’s time for you to play with other kids and learn a few new things. At home I’ll still enjoy playing with you and looking at your adorable face. I don’t want to forget you at this age.

Here are the other two assignments that I've completed so far:
This one has photos from when DH's parents, sister, and brother were here visiting for Christmas. I really regret not getting photos of my BIL, but the rest of the photos turned out well.

The big picture here is what I used for our Christmas photo card last year. I still really love that picture!

I'm just happy I've started scrapping again.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Really love the layouts you've done!

Lynne said...

Her sketches make for a greatstarting point don't they? I love them all. But I must say the journaling on the one with Eric has my eyes a bit watery! Hugs to you all!!