Saturday, January 30, 2010

Separate Ways

Sometimes it seems like our family goes our separate ways and we only come together around bedtime. This morning, Patrick took Anthony to school at 8AM. Because of the rain the past couple of days and the fact that his home soccer field still had puddles, Anthony's games today were switched from home games to away games. That meant traveling 45 minutes north to his game. Because he had two games scheduled and because the temperature in the morning was still in the 30s, Patrick and I decided that only he would go to the games and I would stay closer to home with the little ones. I wanted to see Anthony play but the thought of having to spend most of the day in those conditions with Natalie and Eric made Patrick and I both shudder. Alex had already said that he wanted to stay home, even if it was by himself.

Anthony actually got to play today. He played all but two minutes of the Junior Varsity B (JV B) game, which was the second game. Patrick did a great job of taking pictures. It's difficult to take pictures when you're trying to watch and when you're trying to keep your hands warm. Patrick heard both of Anthony's coaches praising his performance. After going to several games already where he barely played at all, Anthony was happy that he got to play today and that he played well--and I missed it. :(

We filled our time up with going to Target to get presents for the birthday parties that Natalie and Eric are invited to go to tomorrow. I bought them McDonald's cheeseburgers for lunch and we ate at home. Patrick and Anthony didn't get home until after 2:30PM. We went out to eat after church and both of them still weren't hungry because they ate lunch so late. Most of our weekends are spent on the soccer field together and not apart, so this schedule isn't typical for us.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

WTG Anthony for the playing time!