DS#1 got his braces off today! He looks so different now that I can actually see his teeth. His top front teeth look much less prominent than when he got his braces put on. I'll have to find a "before" photo to compare.
What was the first thing he wanted to do after he got his braces off? He wanted to eat caramel! His Papa didn't bring him any, but he did take him to his favorite sandwich shop (Schlotzky's) before taking him back to school. I brought him some candy from my stash at work--Twix, Milky Way, and some Dove Milk Chocolate with Caramel. I think I suffiiciently spoiled him. ;-) DS#2 couldn't understand why DS#1 was allowed to eat all of that candy as an afterschool snack and he kept asking if he could have some too. Sigh--I just couldn't get him to understand. I'm a big caramel fan too, so I understand completely!
It was rainy and gloomy all day here. I'll have to take a picture tomorrow when there is better lighting.
6 comments:
Such a milestone teen moment! Several of my kids wanted caramel first thing, too, along with corn on the cob.
Caramel and bubble gum were my top 2 wants after braces!
Schlotzky's?! YUM We used to have one here but they closed and I was so bummed. I love their sandwiches!
Anyway congrats to your son for making it through the braces!
How exciting! So how long had it been that he had braces? I remember when I got mine off...felt so good to feel my actual teeth and not those metal braces anymore!
Congrats to ds1. I remember wanting corn on the cob!!
Okay now Melanie - I'm so dying to see a photo! I bet he is SO glad to have them off in time for Easter! Oh, the caramel at Easter, it can be just like Halloween!
What a big milestone! Bet he loved getting spoiled! I am with you, love caramel too!
Post a Comment