Sunday, March 02, 2008

Most Difficult Soccer Season

Yesterday, the kids played their first soccer games of this season. The Fall soccer season was busy enough, with some of the games being played simultaneously but at fields across town from each other. This Spring season will be the most difficult one to date. The reason is that now we have a very mobile baby that is no longer content just being held. He wants to be on the move! I took this photo yesterday. It is warm enough now that he can wear shorts, but that meant that his knees were uncovered. It was pretty hilarious watching his little butt with grass all over it bobbing atop his skinny little legs moving in a crab-like crawl. When he wasn't on the go, he was content pulling out grass and picking up rocks.

DD had her game at 11AM on the NW part of town about 30 minutes from where we live. DS#2 had his game at noon on a field NE of the city about 30 minutes from where we live but in the opposite direction from DD's game. "Luckily", DS#1 didn't have his game until 4PM and he was able to help me entertain the little man. During DS#1's game, I had a more difficult time because there were more dirt patches on his field and I really didn't want to put him down on that. He kept screaming and trying to hurl himself from DH's or my arms toward the ground to indicate that he just wanted to be put down. Luckily I found a patch of grass to put him on and he was again content to pull out grass and pick up rocks.

Today, we "only" had one game. However, it was quite windy and there was so much dust and dirt flying around at times. We were still able to set the baby down and he actually played with DH's blue soccer ball, pushing it forward and "chasing" it--very cute to watch. He also tried to get into other people's stuff, but most of the time he was again content to pull out grass and pick up rocks.

Here is a photo of DS#3 yesterday. This is the face he gives me when he sees me with the camera. Isn't he a ham already? :)

Oh, and FYI--DS#1 is up to DH's eyes (in height). It won't be long...

5 comments:

Karen said...

How adorable!!!!!

My dd gives me the "cheese" face, that is what she calls it when she sees the camera :)

Anonymous said...

I love his little grin for the camera! OMGosh - that Tigger/Pooh outfit has lasted through all your kids, hasn't it? (Love the booty shot of E!) I just know you'll be glad when THIS soccer season is OVER!

Catherine said...

These are just adorable photos! I have a very similar photo of DS#1 doing the same crab walk over our shag carpet in our first apartment.

Laura said...

What a ham is right! So cute! Good luck with soccer and keeping the little guy entertained! It's going to be tough I'm sure!

DIANE said...

OMG, I can't believe how big he is getting. Just love those pictures (especially with his butt in the air -- just cracks me up). I guess now I know why we stopped at two kids...we can still divide and conquer when it comes to sports activities. Good luck making it all work with such an active little one.