Saturday, March 22, 2008

DD's First Soccer Tourney

I'm entering this after the fact. I've got to catch up on my posts!

Today, we left the house at 8AM and we didn't get back until 5PM. DD had her first soccer tournament today. It was a 3 vs. 3 tourney and they had FOUR games (9:15, 10:30?, 12:30, 2:55). Luckily, they only had 10 minute halves and we had six kids play, so each kid only played 10 minutes. We brought our pop-up tent and one of the other parents brought theirs, so at least we were all protected from the sun. It was an absolutely beautiful day. There was even a cool breeze that drifted through the tents.

In between games, there was a Nintendo DS "tournament" going on. Apparently, all of these five and six year olds have their own Nintendo DS consoles. For the first time I felt like I was a bit strict, waiting until my oldest was 12 to give him his. In any case, all the kids had fun. DS#2 played Nintendo with a classmate of his that was there, alternating with playing catch with the football he brought. DS#3 did pretty well, playing with all of the extra stray soccer balls. The only problem was when he threw up his lunch (which has been a problem for the past couple of days every time he starts coughing right after eating) and when he couldn't take his afternoon nap.

After the games we all congregated at a local "icehouse" where we grabbed early dinners while the kids played in the sandbox. It was a long and exhausting but very fun day for all of us, even the adults.

After we got home, I got to pack for a crop with my friend Jen. I was exhausted, but I knew I wouldn't regret getting a little creative time before going on vacation. Jen was exhausted too, so we were both out of there by 11PM. At home, I got a few more things packed then off to bed!

2 comments:

The Mom said...

Sorry I was such a party pooper falling asleep at the table and all. Next time I just don't need to spend all day outside before trying to stay up all night!

Hope you are having a great vacation!!

Pam Sivage said...

Gotta love those soccer tournaments!
Sounds like a fun time with Jen, even if it was an early night