Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Internal Clocks

Why is it that my kids have this internal clock that tells them to always get up at the same time no matter what day it is? DS#3 has been getting us up by 5AM every morning for the last couple of weeks or so, although he usually falls back asleep when I nurse him. Today I happened to be off from work (my "comp" day for working last Saturday) so I could have "slept in" until 6AM or so when the other kids have to get up for school. Of course, the little man woke up at his usual time. He must have also known that I didn't have to go to work too, because he wouldn't go back to sleep! That meant that he fell asleep in the car on the way from the school to the gym and on the way from the gym back home. He really only napped for maybe another half hour or so in the afternoon, so he was cranky and clingy most of today. Oh well--I didn't get much done today, but at least I got to go to the gym and I got to spend some time with my youngest...

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Those darn internal clocks! My kids were always early risers as well, but they made up for it by going to bed early, too.

Pam Sivage said...

Wouldn't it be nice if you could program that internal clock so it would sleep late on the weekends and days off!

The Mom said...

My kids are like that on weekends, they hate to get up when I wake them on school days but when it is time to sleep in on Sat or Sun they are up with the sun!!

I do have to say though they have been better about it this spring break!! I know that Monday will be hard for us all waking up wise!!

Emma said...

My kids were like this too. What really bummed me, was that DH could always get them to go back to sleep for him - right on his chest. But I couldn't seem to manage it.