First some background for those of you that haven't heard the story. When DH was small, maybe around 5 or 6, he would sneak into the kitchen at night, take a spoon, and eat some ice cream right from the container. Sometimes, I guess he would accidently leave the spoon in the ice cream and the next day his mom would exclaim that the "ice cream mouse" had been there. One time, his little sisters caught him. He said that he told them he would give them some ice cream too if they promised that they wouldn't tell on him. Well, I guess they promptly ratted him out the next day and he said he was SO mad!
DS#3 has already made it clear that he LOVES ice cream. He recognizes it now. He'll see me with the cup that I use for ice cream, or an ice cream cone and he comes up to me with a happy grin on his face. Tonight, it happened to be one of those fudge popsicles. He just sucked and sucked on that popsicle, pausing only to swallow. I wiped the chocolate that was trying to drip off his face during those pauses. When it was gone, he just looked surprised, like he was wondering how that happened. He actually didn't fuss today, but usually, when I feed him tiny bits from a spoon, he gets very upset when it's gone. He screeches quite loudly, in fact! Once he saw his brothers having ice cream and they had to leave the room so he would stop screaming!
Yes, I can see it now, a future ice cream mouse in the making! ;-)
3 comments:
DH is an ice cream freak. I think it's genetically linked to his mother. The kids all love it, but it's one of those things I just as soon leave alone.
So do you think E's fave treat is because of his MOM, or his Dad? ;) I know our whole family loves it - sounds like he fits right in! (Did you get any photos of him sucking on that fudgsicle??)
That is too funny! I'm thinking you're right about a future ice cream mouse, especially when he's old enough and has heard that story! Watch out ;)
Post a Comment