Friday, March 21, 2008

High School Musical On Ice

Tonight, DD and I went with her Daisy Girl Scouts troop to see High School Musical On Ice. Personally, I loved both movies (maybe even better than everyone else in my family) so I knew I would enjoy this. I just love musicals, maybe because I was raised on them. My Dad always loved the old timey-type musicals.

During the last couple of movies that DH took DD to, she apparently would start asking when the movie was going to be over...after only about 20 minutes had lapsed. When we got home tonight, DH asked if she did that during this show. When I said she didn't ask at all, then he said that she must have had a blast. During the first half, she was just mesmerized. I was watching her facial expressions and she basically looked like she was concentrating really hard. Even my little kisses and strokes on her face did not distract her.

During intermission, she seemed to come alive. She was goofing off with her friend AG who kept trying to give her big hugs. AG's mom told her to be gentle with DD, but I just said, "Are you kidding? She's got three brothers!" :) During the second half she was a little more animated. She still didn't dance to the songs, but she did clap and participate a little.

DD asked for toys and popcorn during the show, but I didn't get them for her. I remember as a kid not being able to get things like that and wishing we could. As an adult I know why we didn't get those things. They are SO overpriced! I can afford to buy her those things, but I just can't get over that waste of money. I figure that there will have a markup, but when even SeaWorld (with their own markup) sells cotton candy for $3 and this arena sells cotton candy for $10--WOW! So, I was one of those moms that went away empty-handed, but with more money in my wallet! Well, except for the $10 fee to park--OUCH!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Glad she enjoyed it! And boy am I in trouble now - Emma just read this over my shoulder! LOL.

Catherine said...

Glad she had a good time! Have fun on Spring Break...we are missing you!

Carolyn F said...

I love doing shows like that. I set expectations on what we will buy at shows like that (little to nothing!) in advance so they understand!