Friday, June 19, 2009

Driving Me Silly

We've taken a whole bunch of pictures this week, mostly related to DS#2's birthday. I have so much to post about, but I'll have to share only two photos for today because it's getting really late and I'm pooped. On top of a long and stressful week, I did a lot of driving around today.

Today when I got home DD was bubbling with excitement because we were both getting our hair cut at the place I usually go to. She was so excited that it was well worth the $15. She was begged for me to allow her to get her hair bobbed and I finally consented since it's summer anyway and it's SO HOT. She does look pretty cute, doesn't she?

After getting our hair cut, DD and I went to Toys 'R Us to return the Lego gift that I got for DS#2. I made a mistake and forgot that my dear sis said she was getting him that same Lego Star Wars set. Then, we went home so she could eat before swim team practice. I dropped DS#1 and DD off at swim team practice and went with DS#2 to Target.

DS#2 had been eyeing a specific Lego Star Wars set and wanted to apply the money that I spent on the set I returned plus add some birthday money and savings to get the big set. Well, they didn't have the big set at Target. While there, they said it might be at a different Target so I called there and was on terminal hold. Finally they said that they didn't have it and it wasn't available at any of the other Targets in our area. *SIGH*, so he wanted to go to Toys 'R Us. "But I was just THERE!" I whined.

I told him that we could just go tomorrow, so we went ahead and stopped off at the Michael's craft store nearby. While there he found these animal foam hats. He was so silly, dancing around with the hats on. Here he has the bird hat on with the red, white, and blue little hat (made to look like it's on the bird's head), and he's also waving a flag. How silly is that? He did look rather cute, and he was more than willing to let me take a picture. The hats were on sale for 2/$3 so he bought three of them. Can you believe that I had a 50% off coupon there and I didn't buy anything but DS#2 did?

After he made his purchase I realized that I didn't want to go to Toys 'R Us tomorrow, so we went tonight. It wasn't a short drive but at least the traffic was flowing easily. The big Lego set was $10 more at Toys 'R Us than at Target, but he really wanted it sooner rather than later. He exclaimed about how he had been waiting for so long and saved up his money for this.

This set cost $140 total! As you can see, he willingly posed for a picture again! Can you tell how excited he is? Even though I had just spent 2 hours driving around and shopping with him, I have to say that it was worth it. Besides, I made him promise that he would be really good for me tomorrow. ;-)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh, I remember the Lego days! That perfect set that just had to be found. He does look pretty happy! :)