Alex's guitar recital was yesterday afternoon, and whereas Natalie seems to thrive on performing, Alex does not. He didn't want me to take any pictures of him. He didn't understand why he had to do this recital. He was grouchy and very quiet before the recital but he didn't want to talk about it at all. During his performance, he looked down and looked unhappy the entire time. He didn't smile at all until after his performance when I joked around with him.Patrick and I thought he did well, although we did notice a small mistake, but only because he sort of stopped and shook his head a little. We could tell that he wasn't happy that he made that mistake but he still sounded good. We both complimented him on his performance, but Alex doesn't take compliments very well. When Patrick and I both told him he looked nice (because for once he actually wore a collared shirt and khaki pants) and he totally brushed us off. Oh well, I'm sure this is just a phase. Alex has a lot to be proud of.
No comments:
Post a Comment