Today was a "comp day" for me for working last Saturday. Usually I just hang out with the family, but today we're also traveling to Houston to visit my family, so much of the day was spent with preparations. This little guy was a bit needy, however, so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Instead I tried to just enjoy spending time with him. In this picture I asked him to show me his Iron Man car that he got from his godfather for his birthday. I guess he's now trained to put his face in the picture too. :)
I managed to get a little time to get things done by letting him watch some Thomas videos. Here he is, watching some streaming video from Netflix again. If I haven't yet made it clear how cool this Netflix application is for the iPad, then I'll make it clear now. It's awesome! Patrick has been watching some Dresden Files shows on it too. He thinks it's cool, too. I haven't watched any Netflix videos on it, only shows from ABC.com and some high-definition scrapbooking videos. The resolution is fantastic!
For lunch we went to Panera Bread for the first time. I'd heard good things about it and the Philly sandwich place we were intending to go to had gone out of business. I really enjoyed their Asian Sesame Chicken Salad. Patrick was equivocal on his Caesar Salad and Turkey Sandwich. Eric ate some of Patrick's turkey and my apple--not the greatest dinner, but at least he ate a hard-boiled egg when we got home.So, I spent the day packing, getting the electronics ready, and folding the loads of laundry that Patrick washed last night. Not a very exciting day off, but hey, a day off is still a day off! We'll be in Houston for the weekend for my niece A's First Communion.
No comments:
Post a Comment