Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Closet Clean-Out

I asked the older kids to clean out their closets and drawers this past weekend. I had a feeling that Anthony's closet and drawers would be the worst, but I was still amazed at the amount of stuff. He must have just moved everything when he moved to his own room downstairs. Patrick, Anthony, and I laughed long and hard when we saw some of the neckties. One of them must have been the clip-on tie he used when he was in a wedding at age 3! He got the biggest kick out of the fact that he had a glow-in-the-dark Batman shirt in his closet too. That one might have been worn by Alex last, but that was probably at least five years ago. Then of course there was the size 12 underwear briefs that he hasn't worn in at at least two years (when he started wearing boxers).

Natalie only went through half of her closet, but I was able to fill two big shopping bags with clothing she has either outgrown or she doesn't like anymore. It actually didn't take her long, and I only realized why when I saw the floor in front of her closet. She must have just pulled the clothes all down, taken them off the hangers, but then left the hangers right there on the floor.

I didn't take a picture of Alex's closet but he filled two kitchen trash bags with the clothing. He still hasn't gone through his drawers (and neither has Natalie) but he got lots of hand-me-downs from Anthony. He still has another kitchen trash bag of potential hand-me-downs to go through. I sorted through Eric's clothes too, and filled a trash bag with clothes he has outgrown. This week I plan on finishing Alex and Natalie's drawers.

One more interesting fact--Patrick and I got "hand-me-downs" from Anthony too. I got an adult medium T-shirt that must have shrunk a little when it was washed, and Patrick got two adult large T-shirts that were freebies that Anthony used to wear to bed but that he no longer wants. I have to laugh that everyone in the family will be getting something from those stacks of clothes on his bed shown above--except for Natalie. :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hand me downs are the best. Bryce has gotten the benefit of several closet clean outs.