Natalie had her "Guild Auditions" today. This is the one where she "signed up" to memorize and play 15 pieces plus all her scales. She was all smiles when she got home. She was relieved but also pleased with how she did. She said that the judge was "very nice". I'm not sure if he was just nice to her or she thought he was nice because he didn't make her play her scales. She knows those pretty well anyway. We got the results email from her teacher this evening. She got 15 C's and 4 A's, with (C's being better scores than A's). She was given an "Excellent Plus". I'm not sure what the highest rating is, but her teacher said that the judge wasn't giving too many C's, so she considered "Excellent Plus" very good. I'm very proud of Natalie for pushing herself, even though she says she doesn't like to practice. :)
This is a picture of Eric in the car yesterday, just after Patrick and I dropped Anthony off at school. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words. All year, every time Eric would go with Patrick to drive Anthony to school, he always refused to say "goodbye" or even acknowledge Anthony as he was leaving. Apparently, he sometimes even turned away--giving him the "cold shoulder". Anthony just thinks it's funny. Patrick and I are reminded of when Anthony was about Eric's age and he refused to acknowledge or say "goodbye" to his grandparents when they would leave after a visit or me when I left for (or returned from) a call. Eric is also holding a tissue to his knee because he was picking at a scab and it started oozing--ick!
How's this for random? I took this picture when we were at my sister C's house last weekend. The boys were playing with the soccer ball with their cousin N out in the culdesac. I thought this photo is cool because I can see how similar the boys look from behind when they're walking. So different but so similar--aren't kids fun? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment