I took a lot of pictures this weekend, so I'll be posting a few a day in the next few days so as to not overload my MIL's dial-up internet service. I had a nice Mother's Day today overall. We had brunch at America's Restaurant in Houston this morning. They had lamb, beef, chicken, crab legs, calamari, etc. They had pasta with two different sauces and your choice of items to add to it. The kids' favorite seemed to be the crepes, fruit or chocolate. They had creme brulee, tres leches cake, and even ice cream. It was ALL delicious.
I tried to take a few group shots. I don't know what Anthony was trying to do here, but he definitely looks like he's enjoying himself. He got up around 9:30AM and had breakfast before getting ready for the brunch. The brunch reservation was at 10:45AM and he was still able to eat at least two plates full (mostly seafood) and had ice cream for dessert. Alex had a chocolate crepe and some of the pasta with alfredo sauce. He also had fruit and ended up with ice cream for dessert.
I love this picture of my mom with her granddaughters--all beautiful. Natalie had fruit and salmon. Her cousins ate quite a bit too, but of course nothing compared to the boys. They all sat together and had a blast.
What kind of picture do you get when you tell your parents that they should try to smile for the picture? :) Still, I take every opportunity to take pictures of them because I am never sure how much longer they'll be around. I hope I look as good as my mom when I get to be her age. (Love you, Mom!)
The food was fantastic, but the service was a bit lagging. We had to wait quite a while to get the bill, even after we asked for it. The kids got a bit restless, but at least there was a little area that they could play in. Here, the girls are picking each other up for some reason. The girls all loved playing with Eric this weekend, and the feeling seemed to be mutual. The girls like to sing and dance and so does Eric. My nieces especially, seemed to enjoy having a "younger sibling" to play with.
Here, Eric is running back and forth from where I was standing to the wall. The girls were following him and doing what he was doing. What else could a three-year-old want?This evening, Patrick and the older boys went to a Spurs basketball game. Patrick was hesitant since it was Mother's Day, but it was actually my idea. Some women look forward to being spoiled by their families for Mother's Day. I told Patrick that he spoils me all the time, so I don't have anything left to ask for on Mother's Day. I hope all the other mothers out there had a wonderful day today too!
Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures from my niece's First Communion this weekend.
1 comment:
Fun photos from your Mother's Day!
Post a Comment