Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eric's Pool Habits

This isn't the greatest picture, but I had to show off Eric's new swimsuit and he wasn't cooperating. This was taken on Sunday when the whole family went to the pool. This set is from Gymboree and is a size 3T. Most elastic waist shorts are pretty loose on my little man, but these seem secure on his hips, so hopefully they won't come off inadvertently.

He was most interested in playing with the water guns. He rushed up to Patrick, who had the toy bag, and said, "I want a gun." That's my boy. He enjoyed shooting everyone and tolerated being shot at. He did not want to leave the stair area, however, and interestingly, whenever Patrick or I would try to carry him further into the pool, he would say, "I don't want to get dirty." Huh? We don't know where that came from. He loved being carried out into the pool last year, and we hope he will love it again this year. We'd like to get him swim lessons, but that won't work if he doesn't want to leave the stair area.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I had several of my kids who hated the water at first. They are all OK with it now, but none of them are strong swimmers.