Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Eating Lunch With The Kids At School

This is a picture of Eric eating noodles with "ticks" last Friday. We were at PF Chang's and he insisted on using the chopsticks to eat his noodles. Patrick took a video but I'm sure that the video would only be interesting to his parents. :)

I'm on call tonight so I'm "off" until 6PM tonight. Whenever I'm off during the day, Natalie always requests that I bring her lunch at school. She usually requests McDonald's, but today she requested Sonic. Alex's lunchtime overlaps Natalie's by about five minutes, and I always ask him if he wants me to bring something too. He usually doesn't want anything, but of course when I mentioned shakes (he likes the shakes at Sonic) he requested a chocolate banana shake.

Eric loves to visit his siblings at school. He usually shares the Jumbo Popcorn Chicken with Natalie when we eat Sonic, but he requested a cheeseburger today instead. Of course when we were eating with Natalie he decided he'd rather eat some of his sister's chicken. *SIGH* Luckily, he did end up eating some of his cheeseburger too so Natalie could have a full lunch.

After Natalie's lunch, we moved over to sit with Alex and his group of friends. His friends seemed fascinated with Eric. I think at least a couple of them were the youngest and therefore didn't have any younger siblings. They kept wanting him to talk or sing. All Eric would do was make silly noises. I think he was a little embarrassed and like his sister, he reacts by being silly. The boys at one point even covered their eyes so that Eric might sing (without being stared at), but that didn't work either. I kept wishing that I could take a picture, but I really didn't want to embarrass my easily embarrassed son in front of his friends.

I myself don't usually eat the food that I bring them for lunch, but I did today. I don't find it very appealing to watch other second graders eat, but I know Natalie really enjoys it when I bring her lunch. Alex seemed to enjoy showing his little brother off to his friends. Eric enjoyed being the center of attention, as usual.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I eat lunch most Mondays with Peyton after I help in her classroom. And I have to agree - it is not appetizing to eat with children. LOL! But Peyton likes me to eat with her so I do - well, I should say I sit with her while she eats. And I figure that the day will come that she won't want me there so I'll do it while she still like it.