I felt like spoiling myself today so I got a pedicure at our local nail salon. I felt like having some mother-daughter time, so I took Natalie with me. She got both her fingernails and toenails done in alternating bright red and bright pink colors. The cost for both of us was $22--not bad, I thought. Then, we did a little grocery shopping since the nail salon is right next door to the grocery store.My sister C is coming for a visit tomorrow with my niece and nephew, and she will take Natalie back home with her on Saturday. In the spring, we signed up Natalie and her girl cousins for a weeklong summer camp together. I'm sure she'll have a blast hanging out with the girls and I didn't think she would miss us very much. After all, she totally ignores us when her aunts and her girl cousins are around. I thought I would also be okay with her being gone. She can be a little aggravating, after all, with her constant questions and chatter, not to mention her whining and her ignoring me when I call her name. Now that the camp is next week already, I'm not so sure. She's been telling me that she's going to miss me next week. I've been telling her that I'll miss her next week. So, I cherished this little bit of mother-daughter time today. Yes, I will definitely miss my little princess next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment