My little princess asked for red nail polish a few days ago. She picked out a nice bright red that I thought might be fun for me to use, so I bought it. She's been asking me ever since then if I could help her put on the nail polish. She couldn't contain her excitement any longer this morning so she started doing it all by herself while I was in the potty--not the best time for me to help her. Luckily I had thought ahead to make her apply it in the bathroom on the counter, because she got that red stuff all over the counter. She had been using a tissue to wipe off the excess nail polish around her fingernails, which of course meant that she smeared the nail polish that was already on her fingernails. I told her that next time she should wait until I was ready, if she wanted me to help her, that is, and then I gave a few tips in applying the nail polish a little more neatly.If you look closely at her fingernails in this picture, you can see that she still went "over the lines", but overall, she did okay (although I did help with cleaning up the margins with some nail polish remover). It's nice that she wants to be so independent, I guess, as long as she cleans up after herself. Also notice all of those "Silly Bandz" on her wrists. Yes, she bought three packs with her own money on Tuesday after constantly badgering me since this past weekend. Also notice that she wore an outfit to match her bright red nail polish. Yes, that's my little princess. :)
Oh, and I wanted to add that I took this opportunity to practice some of the lessons from my photography class on focusing in different objects a certain distance apart from each other. I'm excited that I was also able to tinker with the white balance and the lighting to come up with a pretty good image right out of the camera (without any editing). :)
1 comment:
The the photo! And the the focus on it is really great!
Post a Comment