We're visiting family in Houston this weekend. We got here this afternoon and although we haven't seen Natalie for two weeks, my nieces and nephew were outside to greet us on our arrival way before she was. Patrick says he thinks she missed us a lot, but I'm not so sure. I initiated a few hugs that she returned easily, but she acted a little perturbed for one of the hugs because she was reading at the time and I "interrupted" her!
Eric has been in heaven because he's getting lots of attention and he has lots of people to play with. My sister Melissa even gave him a new "Thomas the Tank Engine" shirt. Alex has been enjoying his cousin Nick's company. Alex will be staying here until Wednesday while the rest of us will be leaving on Sunday. We have tickets to the MLS All-Stars vs. Manchester United soccer game here in Houston on Wednesday. Patrick will return on Wednesday for the game and to pick up Alex, only to turn around and go back home on Thursday. It'll just be Anthony and me at home then. Anthony was originally going to go to the game, but he decided that being with his friends at PE Camp would be more fun. Next Thursday is the last day of PE Camp.
We wanted my nephew Nick to come visit us for a few days, but between their family cruise, an away soccer camp, and visiting us, he said he hadn't been home very much this summer. One of these days I wish he and his sister would come spend some time with us at our house. Lots of kid-switching this summer--I used to love staying at my aunt and uncle's house for weeks at a time when I was a kid. I'm glad my kids are getting to enjoy a similar experience this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment