Since I was on call yesterday, I wasn't too energetic this morning. We went to 9AM mass then I promptly fell asleep when we got home, even before I had lunch (and even though I was hungry). After I woke up, Eric and Natalie had a snack, then we went to the pool. Anthony and Alex were only interested in playing their video games, so they stayed home.Eric likes to "swim across the pool" with either Patrick or me holding him and with him kicking and moving his arms. We like it because he gets tired out more easily this way. We'll take him from one set of steps (in the shallow end) to the other. When we get to the other side, he "rests" by putting his hands together next to his cheek as if he is sleeping. After a short second, he is ready to "swim" back across the pool.
This is a picture of Eric telling me "no more pictures"! He didn't actually say that but when he saw me with my camera, he turned his face away and wouldn't look back even with some coaxing. I don't think he understands that I have to practice for my photography class. *WINK*We watched a couple of movies this afternoon/evening, one that we had rented from Netflix ("9") and one on cable TV ("X-Men: Wolverine"). Patrick grilled burgers on the grill, a new "recipe" that included barbecue sauce mixed inside the burger. He even provided crackers and garlic and herb cheese for appetizers. What a great husband! :)
Patrick had planned on taking the older kids to see fireworks near Six Flags Fiesta Texas, but by the time he realized that the fireworks show started at 9PM, it was too late to go. The kids didn't seem too disappointed. Eric had already put himself to bed a little after 9PM. Natalie and Anthony wanted to go outside and socialize with the neighbors. Alex had already decided that he wanted to stay home and watch fireworks on TV with me.
I was playing around with my camera, as is the norm these days, and I took this picture of Alex while we were watching one of the movies. I've been kidding with him that he has "Justin Bieber" hair, just because it's something that some comedians have joked about lately on TV. In case you don't know, Justin Bieber is an "overnight teen sensation" who got a record deal after his YouTube music videos became popular. He has the same hairstyle as a lot of boys nowadays--long and in their faces. Alex hates it when I tell him he has "Justin Bieber hair". He says, "Justin Bieber's voice is higher than mine and he's 16!" He also says, "A lot of people have hair like this, Mama!"So, we didn't do too many traditional 4th of July stuff today. If I had been more awake this morning, I would have at least made the kids all wear red, white, and blue and taken a picture. Oh well, maybe tomorrow...
1 comment:
We had a very sedate 4th as well, which was kind of nice and kind of not.
Post a Comment