Monday, July 12, 2010

Shutter Speed Lesson

Nothing special happened today, just another work day for me and the first day of Freshman Camp for Anthony (who is a "camp counselor" this year) so I decided to post some photos from yesterday instead. I've been taking an online photography class and last week's lesson was on shutter speed. The assignment directed me to take photos outside and yesterday was the first day I could do that. The rest of last week was rainy and Saturday was filled with activities.

The assignment involved taking pictures at the same settings but changing the shutter speed. The photo above might have been better if I had taken it at a faster shutter speed (to stop the motion better), but I still like it because I can see Alex's smiling face as he catches up to his friend. They were moving quite fast and I had a hard time nailing the focus like I wanted to.

I was happier with this photo to the left that was taken with a faster shutter speed. I wasn't fast enough in pressing the button with some of the other photos. The ball would already be out of the frame by the time I took the photo. Alex was all defensive about his eyes being closed while he was catching the ball.

Notice that Alex is wearing his Spain World Cup jersey. We watched the Final yesterday. I have mixed feelings about the World Cup ending. I'm glad that now I have more free time and that I'll be able to drag my husband and older boys out of the house. On the other hand, watching the games was a nice family activity. Of course, I'm sure we'll have plenty more family activities.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That was a hard assignment for me to do...