Whenever we go to Chili's Restaurant, Natalie always begs me to order the Grilled Salmon with Garlic and Herbs so she can share it with me. Sometimes I don't feel like having salmon myself, but recently I've ordered it just because I know she'll eat well when I do. She usually eats most of the salmon and a few pieces of the broccoli. Last week when she was visiting in Houston, they took her to Chili's and she apparently ate most of her salmon and all of her broccoli. Natalie has never been a big eater, but she always been a picky eater. As an infant, she ate mashed up bananas with rice cereal mixed with breast milk three times a day for months. She wouldn't eat anything else. When she has something she really likes, she can eat a lot of it. I remember when she ate a whole bowl of Easy Mac when she was two. I also remember being amazed when she first ate two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches at one sitting (although I don't remember exactly how long ago this was).
We decided to take a "before" and "after" picture of her and her plate tonight. Look at that huge piece of salmon in the "before" picture and look at the missing huge piece of salmon in the "after" picture. Also notice how she looks so pleased with herself. She ate almost all her broccoli and would have eaten more if I hadn't mentioned leaving space for ice cream. I think this means that she might start ordering her own Grilled Salmon with Garlic and Herbs at Chili's. Of course, the current menu price of $14.29 is rather pricey for an almost eight-year-old. Are my kids spoiled, or what?
1 comment:
I'm with her...I love salmon!
Post a Comment