Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Long Summer Days

Another long 12 hour day at work today--I really hate this schedule! I got home around 7pm. On the plus side, it's meant more days off, which has been great for doing fun stuff with the kids this summer, but the days I do work can be so long and tiring. Supposedly we'll go back to 9 hour days after Labor Day. I'm really looking forward to the shorter days, but I'll miss the more relaxed summer days.

When I got home tonight, I saw Eric sleeping on the sofa. He fell asleep on the way back from taking Anthony to his soccer practice and he stayed asleep when Patrick put him on the sofa. I'm not sure who piled up those stuffed animals next to him, probably Natalie. He's really been into stuffed animals lately, especially Maya the Dog (the blue one). He stayed asleep and Patrick put him in bed when Natalie went to bed. *SIGH* For him, by the time I get home from work tomorrow, it'll be like I was gone for two days. I hate that! :(

Alex was playing "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" online. That's actually Anthony's game but Alex has been playing it quite a bit this summer. He's been saying that he wished summer was longer. This might be because we didn't set strict limits on video game time during the summer. During the school year, the boys are lucky if they got to play at all on a school day. Yes, the boys will definitely miss the long days of Summer.

I'm so tired that the post above probably won't make sense. Oh well!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

In the summer I look for the schedule of school and during the school year, I look for the summer...