Thursday, August 19, 2010

Middle School New Parent Orientation

Patrick and I went to Alex's middle school tonight for "New Parent Orientation". We bought Alex's PE uniform and "spirit shirt" and signed up for the PTA. The director of his magnet school also spoke to us for a bit, informing us what to expect and letting us know about the various school policies. He was very energetic about his school, and as a result, we got the same feeling of excitement that we got last year when Anthony's school's director spoke to us. Alex seems really excited about this school and it really seems like an amazing school, so we'll see how it goes.

Alex didn't go with us tonight because he was at soccer practice. One of our neighbors did us the favor of taking him back and forth to practice. Her son happens to have practice at the same time and place. Yay!

Anthony had Eric all ready for bed when we got home (Natalie got herself ready). This isn't the best photo, but I wanted to see how this camera would perform in really low light shooting. One of my colleagues let me borrow her Canon 7D DSLR for a few days and I haven't been home enough during the daylight hours to test it out. It's supposed to be better than my camera in low light, so I wanted to test that too. Eric was already in bed and his bottom bunk was basically in the dark. He happened to get in this pose without my prompting him, so I wanted to take advantage of it. The color was totally off and I tried to adjust it the best I could, but no matter what the color or lighting is, I really love this pose. He looks really sweet and innocent and totally NOT mischievous, doesn't he? ;)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You need to LMK how you like the 7D when you've had time to play with it more. What are you shooting with now? And why does this one do better in lower light?