Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our Boring Day

Today was a pretty "boring" day overall, but I thought I would still post a few pictures. This is a photo of "the girls" or as Eric seems to call them, "the grels", playing with Play-Doh. It's interesting what a great toy Play-Doh is. Kids of all ages love it, even the older ones. This is a set where they make "ice cream". They were enjoying the different patterns that resulted from mixing colors.

Alex was gone most of yesterday playing soccer, so cousin Nick was entertaining himself most of yesterday as a result. Last night and today they made up for lost time by playing lots of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" on the PS3. I made a comment to my sister Cynthia, Nick's mom, that I never take a lot of photos of the boys because they are always just sitting there in the dark, mesmerized by their video games. What a boring photo!

Eric has been getting even less sleep than usual with the cousins here. He seems to be stumbling about and hurting himself because he's so tired. Here he is putting an ice pack on his foot and telling me, "Don't take a picture of me!" Of course I had to take a few photos anyway because he looked so cute with the ice pack wrapped around his foot. We have to keep the ice handy so he can get it himself from the freezer, otherwise we would have to get up quite often to get it for him. At least he is still at the age where a little ice and a kiss will work miracles.

My sisters left around noon and Patrick headed to soccer again for Alex's game. Anthony already had a game at 7:30am. By the time his team "woke up", they were down 3-0. They managed to come back with a tie, at least. The rest of us went to the last two soccer games. Alex and Anthony's last games overlapped today. That's a total of 8 soccer games this weekend. I was with my family for most of those, but Patrick was there for every single one.

I'll post tomorrow about soccer with some other photos.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Still picture-worthy stuff, even on a boring day.