Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Natalie Turns 8

I came home from work rather tired, but as soon as I got home, Natalie was all buzzing with excitement. First we let her open her presents that we bought yesterday. I heard that light saber turn on from the other room and I just had to chuckle inside at my girly girl. I have to admit that I thought it was cool too. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Next, she kept asking when we were going to get our nails done. The place we go to doesn't open until 10AM, so she went back to playing with her new toys. Anthony had an orientation thing at school today, so Patrick brought him there at 8AM and I picked him up around 10AM. I rested for about an hour until it was time to go to the nail salon. Natalie was so set on getting that spa pedicure that I didn't want to disappoint her. Does she look excited, or what?

She didn't giggle during the foot massage part like I thought she would. After all, she gets ticklish when I'm just trimming her toenails. The lady even put little flowers on her big toes--cool! After all of that, I think she was more excited about getting a spa pedicure than the actual pedicure itself. She wore her Crocs to and from the nail salon and she would have worn them to lunch if Patrick hadn't made a comment about showing off her toenails. We convinced her to wear her sparkly flip-flops that my mom got her a few weeks ago when they went shopping.

We had lunch at Wendy's where she had the Spicy Crispy Chicken Nuggets and a Twisted Chocolate Frosty with M&M's. The spicy nuggets have been a favorite of hers since she had them when she was staying with one of my sisters in Houston. Alex had two orders (10 total) of the same and Eric ate maybe three of his spicy nuggets. My kids do love spicy foods! Anthony had a Double Baconator. I've posted about that before, but he hasn't had it since they closed the Wendy's near his school.

We went home. I took a shower and took a nap. Natalie played with one of her neighborhood friends then went to her piano lesson. After that we headed to El Mirasol--her choice. She says it's her favorite restaurant, but all she ever has there is refried beans, something she can get anywhere. It's Patrick's favorite restaurant, though, so he was happy.

Her choice for a cake was this Brownie Ala Mode ice cream cake from Baskin-Robbins. If it seems a little mushy and melted, that's because the outside defrosted a lot faster than the middle and we probably waited a little too long. I asked Natalie if she felt special today and she said she did. That's what I was going for! Happy Birthday, Princess! :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

happy Birthday to her!!