Wow, I didn't realize that I haven't blogged since Saturday. I took some pics of Anthony and his friends after that post. I'll have to share those another time. This is going to be a short but hectic week. Luckily I was off today because I worked on Sunday. Patrick had to leave the house before Natalie got home because he had to pick up Alex at school. He took Alex home briefly so he could drop off the other carpool kids, then he took him to a different middle school where they were having a debate competition at 5pm. He left Alex there so he could pick up Anthony from after school soccer practice at 6pm--a practice we only found out about this morning. Alex had to wait until the results were announced because if he won two out of three debates, he was going to compete tomorrow too. Patrick and I had mixed feelings about him winning or not.
Where was I and why wasn't I helping with the driving? Well, I picked Eric up from school just before Patrick left the house to pick up Alex. Then Eric and I waited for Natalie to come home. I made some dinner while Natalie had a snack and then practiced her piano. At 5pm we left the house for Natalie's swim practice at the gym. Eric is usually pretty happy about going to the gym because he loves the child care center there.As for these first two photos, Eric automatically started playing inside the lockers as soon as we get into the locker room. He has that look on his face in the first one because he asked me to take a picture of him IN the locker with the door CLOSED and I made Natalie open the locker so I could take a picture of him. No, he wanted that door closed! Natalie got into the locker because I thought it would make a cute picture if I got the two of them in adjoining lockers. Nope, Eric wanted the locker door closed.
Today was Dollar Scoop Tuesday, so we stopped by Baskin-Robbins before going home. When we got home around 7pm, Patrick and Anthony were there and Patrick left to pick up Alex just after we got home. I gave the kiddos a bath then got them off to bed. Natalie still enjoys playing in the tub with Eric instead of taking her own showers. It's probably just as well, because she takes really long, hot showers like Alex and Patrick jokes about the wallpaper in their bathroom peeling off.
Tonight they got to use the Thomas the Tank Engine bubble bath that Eric got from Grandma. They also used the bath crayons that I got them a while back. Natalie wrote Eric's name, which he got excited about. He really loves seeing his name, writing his name, and even just talking about writing his name. Too cute!Alex got home by around 8:30pm. He reached the quarterfinals so he'll be at the debate competition again tomorrow. Patrick tried to tell him how proud we are of how well he did, but in typical Alex fashion, he merely brushed off the compliment. The better he does tomorrow, the longer he has to stay at the competition and the later he gets home. Anthony has a home game after school tomorrow and I have to work late. It'll all work out somehow!
No comments:
Post a Comment