
I know I've posted about this before, but this was the most interesting thing about my day so I'm posting about it again. Eric and Natalie will almost always go with me when I say I'm going to Target. Eric was still in his jammies when I said I was going and when he thought I left without him he got very upset. Sometimes he'll ride in the cart which keeps him contained. Today he wanted to "help" push the cart which means that he rides on the cart right where I need to stand to push the cart. That slows me down and makes me have to bend my back to reach over him. He got bored with that and started getting underneath the cart. I had to take a picture of course, and I gave my iPhone to Natalie to take a picture too.

Eric decided to ride in the cart after a bit, at least until he saw Natalie laying on this futon bed. He insisted on getting out of the cart so he could lie down on the bed too. I have to say that it was pretty cute, which is the only reason I let them do it. Luckily they both stayed with me during the trip instead of running off to where they want to go. I did have to rein in Natalie and her need to spend her recent windfall of being paid her back allowance. Patrick hadn't paid them their allowance since the beginning of the school year. She mostly spent the money on erasers, more silly bands and gum. It can be a little stressful to corral these two, but I have to admit that I like spending time with them, even if it's a little stressful.

I haven't gotten my photo printer to work again, so I'll post a preview of my first scrapbook page of the year. For the past few years I've made a page on the first or second day of the year where I use a picture of the kids standing in front of the Christmas tree. I get them all to put their handprints on the page and for the post two years I've added their heights and weights. I thought I had posted last year's (2010) page on my blog, but I can't seem to find it so I posted it below. This is the photo I'll be using for this year's page and their vital stats are as follows: Anthony 139.5 lbs/ 5'11", Alex 98.5 lbs/5' 2 3/4", Natalie 55.5 lbs/50", Eric ? lbs/38 in. I don't have an official weight on Eric because when I put him on the scale this morning, it said "Lo" and since it requires a special battery that we don't have around the house, we'll have to replace the battery later. Eric usually weighs himself before baths, so I'm sure he weighs right around 30 lbs. I'm quite a bit later this year with this page since it was SO hectic this past week.
1 comment:
That's a great idea!
Post a Comment