Thursday, January 06, 2011

Getting Reacquainted

Eric got into trouble at school again today. Apparently he pushed one of his friends. When his teacher was telling me this, I could see his eyes well up a little and he started to wipe his eyes. Usually inconsiderate things like this happen when the little man is tired. He's usually a very sweet boy.

He wasn't acting tired at the gym tonight. This is a picture of him jumping off the benches in the family locker room. He would jump onto the bench and then jump off, then go to the next bench and so on. I went to work out and got called back early because the little man had pooped in his diaper (so I had to change it). I hadn't eaten dinner yet so I went to the gym cafe. Eric had eaten already, so he just shared my water. He asked for a smoothie, which Patrick usually gets him whenever they go to the cafe. I told him "no" because we had already planned on going out for ice cream after the gym. He didn't have a fit because I said "no", which I was a little surprised at. Later, after he spilled some of the water on himself, he asked for a lid ("top") for the water cup. We were already a few minutes late getting Natalie, so I refused. He didn't get upset at all. I totally expected him to get upset.

We missed Dollar Scoop Tuesday at Baskin-Robbins, so we went out for ice cream tonight. Coldstone Creamery is near our gym, so Natalie wanted to go there. As you can see from this picture, Eric savored his Cotton Candy ice cream to the very last drop. Surprisingly, I actually didn't have any ice cream tonight. We go out for ice cream a lot partly because I really enjoy taking the kids out for treats and of course partly because I enjoy the treats myself. I've been overindulging lately so I'm trying to be better.

I took a lot of pictures tonight trying to work on getting well focused pictures, but I only had the chance to take one photo here. We usually brush his teeth and then he wants to "brush" his own teeth. What he does is brush with water and sort of sucks the water out of the toothbrush more than he actually does any teeth cleaning. That means that he has to keep adding water to the toothbrush. Sometimes he'll take a while doing this, but meanwhile there is more and more water on the counter. After he is done, he'll sort of balance himself on the counter on his chest and tummy so he can reach the faucet with his mouth so he can rinse out his mouth. That's what he was doing here.

I've really missed spending time with the kids this week. I almost feel like I was getting reacquainted with Eric tonight. Hopefully we'll have lots of fun this weekend.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You're photos are focused so well and I'm still struggling...sigh.